Thursday, January 6, 2011

in the mood for blueberries.


Yesterday, while in the grocery aisle - I came across some fresh blueberries. I must confess that I'd never had a fresh one before; up till now - I've always used frozen ones for baking. The blueberries were mildly sweet - I had expected them to be sour so that was quite a pleasant surprise. Immediately - I thought of whipping up some of my favourite muffins.
There are many versions of blueberry muffins, but I enjoy the ones made with butter and not with oil. The addition of sour cream makes these muffins oh so moist and tender. I've forgotten where the recipe comes from, however, it's taken from a book of scribblings LOL.

Recipe:
2 cups plain flour
1/2 tsp baking soda.
1/2 cup softened butter
3/4 cup sour cream
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 carton blueberries.

1. Cream butter and sugar till fluffy. Add the eggs.
2. Then, add the vanilla and sour cream - beat till incorporated.
3. Stir in the dry mixture and then toss in the blueberries.
4. Fill muffin liners about 1/2 full, then bake at 175 C for about 20 minutes till a golden crust forms on top.
5. Remove from oven and dredge top with icing sugar if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment